Community involvement is essential to the continued success of the Russellville Fire Department. This commitment includes programs and services that go beyond the emergency response. A primary goal of RFD is to enhance Customer Service by serving the public during Special Events through community outreach, emergency preparedness, medical aid, public safety and other forms of public relations. Special Events include festivals, concerts, sporting events, exhibitions and other public assembly gatherings.
The following are Department potential responsibilities at Special Events:
1. Event Command Post – Active presence in the Command Post during an event.
2. Emergency Preparedness – All-hazard units dedicated for an event.
3. Standby Medical Aid – Stationary and/or mobile medical response.
4. Crowd Management – Occupancy and safety checks at large gatherings.
5. Apparatus Showcase – Display apparatus for the public.
6. Fire Safety Education – Provide education as an event participant.
7. Public Meet and Greet – Provide Customer Service, educational materials and information at the public events and expos.
Throughout the year, the Fire Department in cooperation with the local community, participates in or is a part of numerous local charities, events, and organizations like these:
4th of July Celebration
B.A.S.S. Bass Tournaments
Bridge The Gap
Fire Station Trick-or-Treat
FLW Bass Tournament
Law Enforcement Special Olympics Torch Run
RussVegas Half Marathon
To schedule the Fire Department for your event, contact us by phone at 479-968-2332, Monday - Friday, between 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.